In recent years, the Australian franchising sector has undergone exponential growth due to increased franchisee uptake, the expansion into Australia by international franchises, and the creation of many new franchise systems.
This market growth has generated significant opportunities for franchisors and franchisees alike. Yet where there's opportunity, there's always risk.
Our award-winning Franchising team has the expertise, skills and passion to help franchisors and franchisees successfully navigate the issues throughout the life cycle of a franchise or licensing business model. These issues include establishing a franchise system, raising capital, completing mergers and acquisitions, resolving disputes and rejuvenating, maintaining and purchasing existing franchises. We also have expertise in advising on international franchise transactions and overseas operations.
We work closely with franchisors, franchisees and their accounting, tax and other franchising advisors to provide practical solutions that achieve sustainable benefits. This approach is reflected in the local and international success of our clients, many of whom are award-winning and acclaimed franchisors, master franchisees and franchisees.
- agreements for franchise systems and other licensing business models
- brand protection and intellectual property commercialisation
- business expansion and remodelling
- business structures
- competition & consumer law
- coordinating consultants and media experts
- crisis management (terminations, product recalls and investigation)
- disclosure statements and code compliance
- dispute resolution and mediation
- due diligence
- international and national systems
- non-franchise licences and product distribution
- retail leasing advice
- Alert For Franchisors And Licensors: The Franchising Code Of Conduct
- Donaldson Walsh Appoints CEO
- Franchising - Code Changes - JUN11
- Franchise Special Report 2011 - Considering International Expansion - MAY11
- Franchise Special Report 2011 - Competition and Consumer Law Impacts - APR11
See More ›