Self Insurance, Workers Compensation & Workplace Law
There are significant financial and risk management benefits associated with self insurance registration. However self insured employers registered under the state-scheme are under constant scrutiny by WorkCover Corporation.
By working closely with self insurers, we help them manage claims appropriately and comply with the relevant legislation and the Code of Conduct. This reduces the risk of loss of licence and of shortened licence renewals.
Many employers are considering the benefits of becoming self insured under the Comcare scheme. While this is promoted as an attractive option for national companies and those that operate across state borders, each company should look closely at its options.
Our Self Insurance & Workers Compensation legal team, which is supported by the DW Workplace Solutions Consultancy team, is experienced in advising on these complex self insurance issues. We also support self insured employers with claims management services, compliance advice, representation in the Workers Compensation Tribunal and training services.
- advice and representation before the Levy Review Panel, Workers Compensation Tribunal, Supreme Court, Fair Work Australia, SA and Federal Industrial Courts and Equal Opportunity Commission
- claim reviews
- Comcare self insurance feasibility studies and applications
- compliance advice
- defending unfair dismissal claims
- Fair Work Act and modern awards
- fraud investigations and prosecutions
- industrial disputes
- investigating and defending claims of discrimination or harassment in the workplace
- occupational health and safety investigations and prosecutions
- performance benchmarking and improvement planning
- SA self insurance applications
- self insurance estimate reviews
- strategic advice on complex claims
- training and education (design and implementation)
- WorkCover Update 2012 - I can smell smoke. Is there a fire or is it just a slow burn?
- WorkCover Update 2012 – The Year Of The Dragon, Where There Is Smoke There Is Fire!
- Donaldson Walsh Appoints CEO
- New Employer Payments System 2012
- WorkCover Update 2011 - Self Insurance - A New Recipe For Rabbit Stew!
See More ›